Victorville's Top-Rated Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck Accident Attorney Victorville
Accidents involving big rigs have the potential to lead to lifelong paralysis or wrongful death. If you lose a loved one as a result of an accident or suffer a personal injury, our personal injury lawyer will advocate for financial compensation on your behalf. Our aim is to obtain the money you need to return your life to normalcy and help you feel whole again. Our truck accident attorney pursues financial compensation on behalf of accident victims in the form of settlements and court awards.
Contact Rockview Accident Lawyers to learn how we can help you with your auto accident case today. We offer a free consultation to get started.
Benefits of Hiring an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accident cases are extremely complex and require in-depth knowledge of California law pertaining to personal injury. Do not attempt to master the subtleties of the law after your accident alone. The trucking company and the insurance company will make every attempt to reduce or even reject the compensation that is owed to you.
Let our truck accident attorney in Victorville handle the legal aspect of your collision while you maintain a steady focus on healing. We will do everything possible to maximize your compensation and hold all liable parties liable for their negligence.
Accident victims who were injured in California should be aware that there is a deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit. You have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. Contact us as soon as possible, so we can begin building your winning case against the trucking company, their truck drivers, and the insurance company.
Why Our Victorville Law Firm is the Best Option
It is clear that operating a big rig truck is inherently dangerous, especially in Southern California where traffic is an everyday occurrence. Furthermore, injuries caused by massive vehicles, like 18-wheelers, and other trucks, tend to be extremely harmful and even fatal.
Our Victorville truck accident lawyers at Rockview Accident Lawyers are up to the challenge of proving the truck driver or trucking company is responsible for your accident and acted negligently. We will analyze the facts of your case, collect evidence, and maximize your financial compensation. Additionally, our law offices provide injured victims with access to the area’s top medical specialists to get them on the path to a successful recovery.
Part of what separates our personal injury law firm from the competition is our experience in auto accidents. This includes those injured in a car accident, commercial truck accident, or another type of vehicle accident.
Our semi truck accident lawyer is available seven days a week to address questions about your case. Our responsiveness combined with our successful track record is what has contributed to our stellar reputation in our attorney-client relationship.
The process starts with a free consultation at our office in Victorville, CA. Semi-truck accidents can turn injured victims’ lives upside down. Don’t battle the insurance company alone. Allow Rockview Accident Lawyers to assist with your accident claim.
How Much a Victorville Truck Accident Claim is Worth
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports truck accidents are up more than 50% since 2009, meaning it is becoming that much more dangerous to share the roads with big rigs. Personal injury claims with trucking companies have the potential to be worth a significant amount of money simply because they are that much more impactful than a regular car accident. However, an insurance adjuster will say otherwise when calculating damages. In fact, they often try to undervalue a case’s worth.
The amount of damage, the injuries suffered and the percentage of the other party’s fault all play a role in determining the value of your commercial truck claim. Our law firm is here to review your losses and push for compensation that covers your medical bills, property damage, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, pain and suffering, and more.
Schedule a no-risk, no-cost consultation with our truck accident attorney as soon as possible, while the evidence and details of the case are fresh. Then, we can begin paving a path toward justice.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Though it is possible for everyday car drivers to be partially or fully liable for collisions with trucks, truckers, or the trucking companies, are often the negligent parties. Some of the top causes of truck accidents include but are not limited to the following:
- Driving Under the Influence – A trucker using drugs or alcohol is a negligent trucker. Regardless of whether the trucker indulged in alcohol or drugs before or during the commute, the resulting inebriation constitutes negligence
- Speeding – A truck traveling at a high rate of speed is that much more likely to cause death or a serious injury in the event of a collision. However, truckers have to meet payload deadlines so they are sometimes inclined to travel at an unsafe speed.
- Reckless driving – When operating any motor vehicle, driving recklessly is dangerous. However, anyone operating commercial vehicles and not following traffic laws endangers themselves and everyone around them.
- Fatigue – Those in the trucking industry work on tight deadlines, meaning they are likely to continue working even when tired in order to meet the demands of the job. Fatigue has the potential to cause a deadly crash.
- Harsh weather – Even light rain can make it difficult for a big rig to come to a timely stop. Snow, sleet, hail, ice, fog, and other inclement conditions can easily cause a crash.
- Distractions – Truck drivers are on the road for long periods of time. Therefore, it is not uncommon to become distracted and find ways to entertain themselves. Some big rig drivers turn to in-truck entertainment while driving which has the potential to be a deadly distraction.
- Mechanical problems – If the truck was not properly serviced or maintained at regular intervals, it is that much easier to prove the truck driver or truck company was negligent. Even a single tire blow-out resulting from insufficient air or excessive tread can constitute negligence.
- Cargo problems – Truckers are responsible to secure their cargo at all times to prevent it from sliding in the path of another vehicle or causing the big rig to sway or tip over.
Get a free consultation today
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident
Several parties have the potential to be proven liable for your accident. The truck driver, the company that employs the truck driver, and even the city/government entities can be found guilty of negligence. Negligence is a legal word referring to the failure to uphold one’s duty of care to others.
Our experienced commercial truck accident lawyer will embrace the challenge of proving negligence and identifying all responsible parties. However, we recognize there is also the potential for comparative negligence in which the percentage of each party’s fault determines the amount of damages paid.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Because commercial trucks are so large and often outweigh smaller motor vehicles, truck accidents have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries. Some common injuries include but are not limited to the following:
- Back injuries – Accidents can cause vertebrae to become displaced or fractured. Spinal cord injuries or a slipped disc have the potential to be debilitating.
- Factures/Breaks – Trucks weigh thousands of pounds, meaning their impact on your vehicle can easily cause broken bones that require a long recovery time to fully heal.
- Traumatic brain injuries – A concussion or whiplash can cause lifelong pain and disability. TBI can even compromise motor functionality and memory.
- Neck injuries – Whiplash or other violent movements of the body forcing the head to jerk back and forth can cause severe injury and create chronic neck pain.
- Burns – The sheer force of a large truck colliding with your vehicle can lead to a gas tank explosion and painful burns.
- Catastrophic injury – Any harm that results in long-term or permanent injury, like amputation has devastating effects on survivors.
- Wrongful death – According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, 5,237 large trucks and buses are involved in fatal accidents each year.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
The first thing to do after your truck accident in Victorville is to obtain prompt medical assistance. All medical treatment and analysis of your injuries should be documented as that information will support your case in a court of law. Don’t forget to contact the police so they can also document the accident with an official report. Above all, do not apologize for the crash. Even a slight admission of fault can sway the scales of justice in your opponent’s favor.
Use your smartphone to capture audio/video statements from other parties and eyewitnesses. This way, if another driver or other party admits fault, you will have that statement recorded on your cell phone. It is also in your interest to use your phone to take pictures of the accident, the intersection where the crash occurred, the damage to vehicles, and your injuries. Take note of the names, phone numbers, insurance information, license plate numbers/letters, and make of the vehicles and models of all parties responsible for the accident.
Be sure to save the names and contact information of all witnesses to the accident in your phone. Such witnesses might be called upon to testify in a court of law. The eyewitness testimony of one person really does have the potential to establish fault on the negligent parties. Additionally, witnesses will make the difference between receiving a significant court award and no compensation at all.
The next step is to contact an accident attorney who specializes in personal injury law. Although you may be contemplating hiring a truck accident lawyer in Victorville, it’s always a good idea to consult with one. Then, you will have more information on your legal options regarding your case.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney Today
Our Victorville truck accident lawyer is here to provide legal assistance for you during this difficult time. Reach out to Rockview Accident Lawyers as soon as possible to schedule a free consultation regarding your car accident, truck accident, or other motor vehicle accident. We will analyze your case in-depth, craft a legal strategy and pursue justice on your behalf while you recuperate. Keep in mind that we provide legal representation on a contingency basis. You will not pay any legal fees unless we produce a court award or settlement.